NKEA Licensing Information
To obtain an electrical license in Kentucky:
- There is no proof of experience needed to obtain an Electrical Contractors License but you must pass the business test & you must either have a Masters license or employ a Master Electrician.
- There are 8 years of experence necessary to obtain a Master License; that experience can be reduced to 6 years if you have completed an approved electrical educational program.
- There are 6 years of experience necessary to obtain an Electricians License; that experience can be reduced to 4 years if you have completed an approved electrical educational program.
- Note: You can take the test prior to having all of your years of experience but will have to wait to obtain your license until you have the proper years of experience BUT your test results are only valid for 3 years so you must apply for your license within 3 years of passing your test
Call Pearson Vue, the testing company, @ 1-877-234-6082 to arrange testing. Note what test you want to take, #231 for the Electrical Contractors License, #701 for the Masters License, & #703 for the Electricians License.
Upon passing the test, to obtain your license contact the Kentucky State Electrical Licensing Department @ 1-502-573-2002.
To obtain an Electrical Contractors License in Ohio:
- There are 5 years of experience necessary to obtain an Electrical Contractors License. This license serves as your Masters License & all of your employees work under your license. There are no requirements in the State of Ohio to have a licensed individual on site.
Contact the Ohio Licensing Board @ 1-614-644-3493 to verify your eligible to take the test.
Call PSI Services LLC, the testing company, @ 1-800-733-9267 to arrange testing.