Welcome to the NKEA
- The State of Kentucky adopted the new 2017 code on August 26th, 2018. Any job that has a building permit date between August 26th through December 31st, 2018 can be wired per the 2014 or the 2017 NEC. Any project that has a building permit date of January 1st, 2019 or later must be wired per the 2017 NEC.
- The State of Ohio adopted the new 2017 code for commercial work on November 1st, 2017. This did not pertain to residential. On January 1st, 2016 the State of Ohio adopted the 2014 NEC for residential for 4 family & above with a few exceptions. We suggest you contact the local authority having jurisdiction to clarify which code will be applicable prior to bidding any residential projects in Ohio.
- We remind you that the code compliance will be dictated by the building permit date & not the date on the electrical permit.
- Duke's Electric Service Manual (Red Book) is updated & can be viewed @ www.duke-energy.com
- New licensing change in Kentucky for electricians license. See Licensing Page.
- For those individuals that will be taking the Kentucky Electrician or Master tests through Pearson Vue, note that if you do not pass but have a high enough test grade, Pearson Vue offers a two hour review session that will only show you the questions that you answered incorrectly in an effort to show you the areas that you may need more preparation. There is a fee for taking this review. We suggest any future test takers would be wise to inquire about this service in the event you fall into that category. All of Pearson Vue's contact info can be found on our Licensing Page. Please contact them for more information.
- There is also a second testing agency, Prov, that can be utilized in the State of Kentucky. Their information can be found on our Licensing Page.
- For the 2018/2019 education schedule, all classes will be held in the south building in room 208 for the code classes and room 211 for the business classes.
- Please see the Education Page for the updated class schedule & Registration form.
|Managing Member||Mark Kramer|
|Managing Member||Tom Studer|